Thursday, June 28, 2007

much too much too late

This is the first blog post on my first blog. Welcome to the beginning (of something. What? I have absolutely NO idea).

By the time anyone starts reading my blog (if anyone does. I assume a few will, my mom...maybe), this post will be buried at the bottom of a sea of unbelievably creative, funny, thoughtful, introspective, interactive, and colorful posts, never to be read again. If that's not an excuse to make this the best, most outrageous blog post ever, then I don't know what is. Then again, if a bear winks an eye in the forest and no one's there to...well, you know how it goes.

In the end, this is an exercise of freedom. No, not gun-totin', democracy-espousin', George W. Bush-style shove-it-down-your-throat-til-it-hurts "Freedom". Rather, this activity, aside from swallowing up hours and hours of my time with "the other woman" (basically anything else that is not April, in this case, the computer), permits me to wade into waters where I've only dared touch a toe tip. That is to say, I've tried journaling. I'm a serial, not a regular, journalist. I start and start and start again, which also, by definition means I don't end, but I don't continue either. See where this is going? Mindless blather. Like I said, who'll read this stuff?

There's the rub, the hurdle: Why write? I can't imagine an author, blogger, journalist NOT pounding her fists into her skull commiserating on that very question time and time again. Let me ask a simpler question, then, one that requires no answer:

Why read? [...crickets...]

Why write, then? Isn't it obvious. Look, we've taught each other something. Thanks!

Back to the task at hand, this whole blogging business. Where's my Ganesha? Where's my champion? My destructor of obstacles? I'm here, speaking simply, using small, easy to understand words and phrases. This is all about talking, and even if I end up talking to myself about talking...well, even then what I don't know. Or care.

All I'm looking for is a place - space - to exhibit, express, and unfold. That place is here: Welcome.

So then, let this be the start of what I'd meant to do for a long time: have a hear-felt conversation with myself and invite you to watch, listen, and but in every once in a while.

Prove me wrong. Read about (creative, funny, thoughtful, introspective, interactive, colorful, err...modest) me.

No comments: